Creamy, dreamy, and delicious. Everyone who tries this cheesecake never guesses that it’s low-carb. We’ve had cheesecake gourmets tell us they love this cheesecake and ask us for the recipe. Try this on your family and they too won’t know its low-carb. You will need to purchase our two favorite sweeteners to make this: powdered erythritol and liquid stevia. Be sure to use powdered erythritol and not the granulated variety.
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) blanched almond flour
- 5 tbsp (4 metric tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (2 metric tbsp) powdered erythritol
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 x 8oz (240 g) packages full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (120g) powdered erythritol
- Liquid stevia to make up 2/3 cup sugar equivalent (about 15 drops)
- 1/3 cup full-fat sour cream
- Position oven shelf in lower 1/3 of oven. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Combine ingredients for crust, and press into the bottom of a 10” (25 cm) spring form pan that has been buttered and then lined with heavy duty aluminum foil extending all the way up the sides. Press aluminum foil into place and ensure that there are no tears.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 F (205 C).
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until fluffy.
- Add other ingredients individually as listed and incorporate into the mixture until completely smooth. Stop the mixture after each addition and scrape the bowl and beater to ensure complete mixing.
- When all ingredients are combined, pour mixture over the crust.
- Place the cheesecake in the lower half of the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 230 F (110 C). Bake slowly for approximately 70 minutes, checking after an hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, remove from oven.
- Chill completely overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING:
326 calories, 29.1g fat, 5.1g total carbs, 1.4g fiber (3.7g net carbs), 8.8g protein Percentage of fat: 82%