20 Great LCHF Snacks – When on a LCHF diet, you don’t want to be wondering what on earth to eat at your next meal. We like to keep things SIMPLE and that’s one of our most important tips for weight loss. The less you have to think about food, the easier it will be for you to lose weight.
Find a few breakfasts you love. Here are ones we eat all the time:
Hard boiled eggs
Frittata -make ahead of time and it’ll last you all week. See our recipe here .
Egg muffins -bake a big batch and you have breakfast on the go all week. See recipe on our FaceBook page and our cookbook.
Our almond flour LCHF biscuits and muffins (see our Cookbook for our favorite easy to make breakkie biscuits) and you’ll never have to think “what shall I eat for breakfast” ever again. These are SO EASY to make. Top with ham, turkey or smoked salmon for a great breakfast sandwich.
Our LCHF pumpkin and walnut bread or pumpkin scones and a slice of cheddar cheese. Plenty of protein and fat there. Easy and quick to make and you can enjoy it all week.
Similarly, make lunch a simple snack
There is no reason to eat 3 big square meals a day. The beauty of eating a LCHF diet is that you are just not as hungry as when your blood sugar was on the carb roller coaster. Choose from the following snacks for an EASY lunch or afternoon snack:
- Macadamia nuts, 1oz (30g) plain roasted – Get them when fresh and freeze in bulk. Our favorite snack by far as they’re super high in fat. Great for a between meal snack. Very satisfying.
- Almonds, pecans or walnuts or any other nuts, 1-2 oz (avoid cashews as they are higher in carbs)
- Cheese – 1-2oz (30g – 60g), any type
- Protein shake made with 1 cup of almond milk
- Tuna salad – So easy: Mix a small can of tuna with lots of mayonnaise, some finely chopped celery and mustard (we love creole mustard!), lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Broccoli salad – recipe in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Egg Muffins – recipe on our FaceBook page and in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Smoked salmon Pinwheels – salmon rolled around cream cheese with cucumber slices black pepper and capers. Recipe in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Cold meat, organic, 1-2oz (30g to 60g) such as turkey rolled around an ounce of cream cheese or cheddar cheese and some creole or Dijon mustard – delicious!
- Boiled eggs with salt and pepper
- Pumpkin pudding – Pumpkin, cream cheese, LC sweetener and pumpkin pie spices mixed together and baked up into a dreamy, creamy soul satisfying pudding. Recipe in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Cream cheese – nice when mixed with almond or peanut butter or cinnamon and/or a little stevia or erythritol)
- Mascarpone – creamy and indulgent mixed with a little erythritol or xylitol and vanilla.
- Dijon buns – A great treat with eggs in the morning or simply buttered and topped with a slice of ham and some grainy mustard or some smoked salmon. You can also use these to grill cheese on. Recipe in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Pumpkin scones – recipe in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Pepperoni slices, organic, baked or zapped in the microwave until crisp, and used as scoops for cream cheese
- Devilled eggs
- Scrambled eggs
- Low carb cheese n’ onion crackers made with almond flour. Recipe in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza topped with mozzarella – recipe on our FaceBook page and in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Bullet-Proof Coffee
- LCHF pumpkin and walnut bread – recipe on our FaceBook page in our LCHF Nation cookbook
- Silver Dollar Pancakes – recipe on our FaceBook page and in our LCHF Nation cookbook